Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 22-26 minutes
Yields 12-16 brownies
Non-stick cooking spray
1 c. unsalted butter
2 c. granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 t. real vanilla extract
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. ground cocoa powder, sweetened
¼ t. salt
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c. chopped walnuts
½ c. unsalted butter
1/3 c. cocoa powder, unsweetened
1-1½ c. powdered sugar
2-3 T. whole milk
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt to a large bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet until just combined. (Do not over mix or the brownies will turn out “cakey”).
- Stir the chocolate chips and walnuts into the batter and transfer to the prepared baking pan. Spread into an even layer and transfer to the pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Brownies will still be soft and will finish setting while they cool.
- To prepare the frosting, mix the butter with the cocoa powder and 1 cup powdered sugar. Add in one tablespoon of milk at a time until desired consistency is reached. If necessary, add the remaining ½ cup powdered sugar to thicken.
- Once cool, spread frosting on top of the brownies before slicing and serving. Enjoy!